Pacific Industrial Company
Pacific Industrial Company (PIC) is a highly regarded private company and a recognised leader in the Australian steel fabrication and construction industry. We provide steel design, fabrication and construction services to the construction, mining, oil and gas sectors Australia wide. PIC is currently undertaking a significant package of works on the Forrestfield Airport Link Project and we are seeking a dedicated and committed Construction Project Engineer to join our team, based on the Project site.
Reporting to the Project Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all engineering work generated for the project is to a high professional standard and in accordance with PIC and the Client’s technical, quality and safety requirements.
- Generating engineering reports, specifications, procedures and engineered solutions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Developing and coordinating work packs with and for work crews.
- Enacting continuous improvement in all aspects of PIC operations.
- Managing technical queries, engineering issues, deliveries, and variations, to the contract.
- Preparing progress reports and procurement updates for inclusion in weekly/monthly reports.
- Monitoring progress and attending client/site meetings as required.
- Tracking and documenting fabrication and installation progress.
- Assisting to develop, maintain and implement the Project Execution Plan and Project Management Plans including the OH&S, Environmental and QA Plans in accordance with PIC systems and procedures.
- Assisting to control, monitor, report and coordinate communications with client, project team and other stakeholders to ensure the project is executed in accordance with overall objectives and commitments.
- A relevant Degree in Engineering
- Strong civil construction / structural experience
- Strong prior experience in delivering positive outcomes in a similar role (at least 5 years prior experience)
- Experience in project planning and Contract/Project Management
- A high level of problem-solving abilities
- High level of cost forecasting skills and financial understanding
- Good interpersonal and relationship skills across broad personnel demographics
- Leadership, motivational and organizational skills
- A safety conscious approach to your work