Business Development Associate M&A
acQuire Technology Solutions Pty Ltd
Business Development Associate M&A
For international mining software company driving acquisitions for Vela SoftwareJoin acQuire Technology Solutions, as part of Vela Software, an operating group of Constellation Software, to work in Business Development for our Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) Team. The M&A Business Development Associate will pro-actively reach out to business owners and management teams of software companies to build and manage leads for our M&A Team. This is a great opportunity to apply your business development skills towards corporate acquisitions in an entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for sales-oriented individuals that are interested in software/technology M&A and possess an understanding of basic financial concepts.
Does this sound like the big picture of your career?
- You are motivated by challenging work and achievable professional goals.
- You want to contribute your ideas and make decisions in a dynamic team environment.
- You want to be part of a team guided by fairness and integrity that extends to co-workers, customers, partners and the wider community.
- You want to work with a business that values and supports an integrated-life-approach to employment.
- You want excellent benefits and salary structure.
Here’s what we need from you:You have an interest in building a career in business development and M&A and have strong communication skills and a knack for cold-calling businesses. Not just picking up the phone and cold calling a company but being able to penetrate the “gatekeeper” and directly connect with the key stakeholder to quickly establish a strong rapport. You are proactive, persistent, intelligent, and efficient. You enjoy finding ways to reach out to prospects and find it rewarding to connect with them to share your offering. You have the following attributes:
- Strong Work Ethic: Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a pipeline. Understanding that M&A prospecting is a balance between volume and precision that requires consistent effort.
- Entrepreneurial Attitude: Ability to work independently and connect the dots when speaking to business owners. Positive personality with a strong drive to succeed.
- Articulate & Persuasive: Ability to think on your feet and pivot the conversation when necessary. Communicates in a professional, confident, and convincing manner.
The fine print of this gig:Your role will report to the CEO and be based at our Perth office in Western Australia. You will be required to perform the following:
- Manage and grow our M&A CRM database by identifying small, medium, and large sized software companies that meet our acquisition criteria.
- Initiate outbound prospecting calls and emails to connect with target companies.
- Develop and build relationships with management teams and shareholders.
- Attend industry events and travel to prospect meetings.
- Screen leads, execute NDAs, and manage preliminary due diligence efforts to support acquisition offers.
acQuire fast facts:acQuire provides software and services so customers can make profitable business decisions using data assets they trust. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering by helping them manage their mining and environmental data assets, in a smarter, more streamlined manner. We are actively growing our portfolio of products to meet our customer needs.
Our company currently has six offices around the globe, with customer support centers operating in each major time zone.
Founded in 1996, acQuire originated in Perth, Western Australia and since 2018 has been a part of Constellation Software, Inc via its operating group Vela Software. CSI is a public company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:CSU) and generate greater than $3B USD in annual revenue.
CSI acquire, manage, and build mission-critical vertical market software companies that are located all over the world. We have acquired over 500 companies across dozens of industries including software used in engineering, natural resources, aerospace and many more. We acquire small, medium, and large sized companies from owner/operators as well as institutional and corporate shareholders.
Dig deeper: You can learn more about Vela Software / Constellation Software by visiting our website: csisoftware.com/ velasoftwaregroup.com
Check out our Qbook for more insight about working at acQuire or visit acquire.com.au
The nitty gritty:Please include a cover letter telling us why you’re the best person for the role. Your application cannot be considered if a cover letter is not included.
To submit your application, click the Apply button below or visit the Careers section of our website www.acquire.com.au/careers. Your cover letter and CV must be in one attachment, as the system will only allow one document to be uploaded per application.