Applications for this position have closed
Geoscientific Data Technologist
acQuire Technology Solutions Pty Ltd
Does this sound like the ‘big picture’ of your career?
- You are a smart IT professional who is passionate about excellence and contributing to a growing company with a global presence.
- You want to support a world class technology solution in the natural resources sector.
- You like the idea of being part of a vibrant team experiencing rapid growth on five continents.
- You want to belong to a company with a values-based culture supported by every person in the organisation starting with executive management and ending with the most junior staff member.
- You want to work with an organisation that understands, respects, and supports a “whole life” approach to employment.
Are these the contributions you want to make?
- I want to support and implement incredible technology developed for the natural resources sector.
- I want to leverage my existing skills to meet a defined set of objectives and goals.
- I want to work in a team environment, contributing to the overall goals of the project and company, while enjoying the benefits of a supportive community.
- I want to innovate, collaborate and contribute every day I come to work.
Can you answer ‘yes’ to the below?
- I am proficient with Microsoft SQL Server environments and other products such as Microsoft Office.
- I have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- I am comfortable working to a deadline.
- I am eligible to work in Australia (PR or citizen)
- I am a master at multi-tasking and can focus on more than one project at a time.
- I thrive when working in a team, especially when solving client problems.
- I am flexible with working hours, working conditions and travel schedules to meet the business needs
Still here? Take a look at this:acQuire needs a Geoscientific Data Technologist experienced in information technology and with a focus on MS SQL Server. Your role will be based at our office in Brisbane, Queensland.
Reporting to the Regional Manager – Implementation, you will be responsible for implementing and supporting the GIM Suite technology within acQuire Technology Solutions.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity that will see you:
- Take ownership & sustain the company culture
- Understand all components of the acQuire technology
- Provide assistance within the team to implement our technology
- Provide efficient and thorough support to our customers.
- Deliver specific end-user training to existing acQuire customer base.
Here’s our selection criteria for this role:
- Degree qualification/s in a software engineering, IT, or equivalent relevant education
- A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server relational databases and Structured Query Language
- Significant IT skills to construct well developed acQuire GIM Suite tools and SQL Objects.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Capacity to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
You will be rewarded with a real investment opportunity to partner with a growing company, excellent benefits and salary structure, and career development opportunities while working with a supportive and forward thinking team. acQuire supports flexible working arrangements, balanced lifestyle, innovation and an employee community spirit. We also value training, volunteerism and personal development.
What you should know about acQuire:
acQuire Technology Solutions is an employee-owned company originating in Perth, Western Australia. Founded in 1996, acQuire develops Geoscientific Information Management (GIM) software solutions for the natural resources industries with a focus on exploration, resource development and mining assets. Due to an ongoing commitment to excellence, acQuire reinvests 20-25% of their annual revenue into research and development. The company currently employs over 100 staff working in seven offices around the globe, with support centres operating in each major time zone. More than 450 sites benefit from acQuire GIM solutions.
To submit your application, click the Apply button below.