Applications for this position have closed
acQuire Technology Solutions Pty Ltd
Does this sound like the ‘big picture’ of your career?
- You are a university graduate/junior L&D professional, passionate about contributing to a growing company with a global presence.
- You want challenging but achievable goals devoid of pressure-cooker management techniques.
- You like the idea of being part of a vibrant team experiencing rapid growth on five continents.
- You want to belong to a company with a values-based culture supported by every person in the organisation starting with executive management and ending with the most junior staff member.
- You want to work with an organisation that understands, respects, and supports a “whole life” approach to employment.
Are these the contributions you want to make?
- I want to innovate and collaborate to provide effective learning solutions for people in the natural resources sector.
- I want to leverage my existing skills to meet a defined set of objectives and goals.
- I want to work in a team environment, contributing to the overall goals of the project and company while enjoying the benefits of a supportive community.
Can you answer ‘yes’ to the below?
- I am passionate about all aspects of technical training/learning i.e. analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- I like the idea of developing online learning (video tutorials, webinars, virtual classrooms etc.) for technical products.
- I enjoy staying up-to-date on emerging technologies and trends and often find myself investigating/trialling new software/tools.
- I am a master at multi-tasking and can focus on more than one project/role/task at a time.
- I thrive when working in a team, especially when solving problems.
- I have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Still here? Take a look at this:acQuire needs a Video Tutorial/Screencast Developer. Your responsibilities will include developing professional and engaging learning resources for our customers and practitioners.
You will be reporting to the Global Manager of Development and your role will be based at our Headquarters in Perth, Western Australia.
You should be able to work independently or in teams, but take full responsibility for your problems and arriving at a resolution. You are entrepreneurial and collaborative in problem solving and strategic thinking.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity that will see you:
- Work towards team goals - Collaborate with peers, Subject Matter Experts, Product Owners and other stakeholders to meet the strategic objectives of the company.
- Develop - Develop instructionally-sound and engaging learning resources (mainly videos, webinars and virtual classrooms) and assessment/evaluation tools that align with the company’s guidelines and are fit for the target audience.
- Research and innovate - Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and trends in the learning industry and introduce innovation in the team, when required.
Here’s our selection criteria for this role:
- 0 - 5 yrs experience in the design / development of online learning (e.g. videos, webinars, virtual classrooms) for technical products
- Background in writing / editing / publishing and an eye for detail when it comes to grammar / spelling / punctuation / consistency / adherence to documentation standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Working knowledge of screen recording / video editing tools (Adobe Captivate, Camtasia Studio, etc.) is an advantage
- Background in instructional design, storyboarding and content writing is an advantage
What happens when your ‘big picture’ career vision collides with ours:You will be rewarded with a real investment opportunity to partner with a growing company, excellent benefits and salary structure, and career development opportunities while working with a supportive and forward thinking team. acQuire supports flexible working arrangements, balanced lifestyle, innovation and an employee community spirit. We also value training, volunteerism, and personal development.
What you should know about acQuire:acQuire Technology Solutions is an employee-owned company originating in Perth, Western Australia. Founded in 1996, acQuire develops Geoscientific Information Management (GIM) software solutions for the natural resources industries with a focus on exploration, resource development and mining assets. Due to an ongoing commitment to excellence, acQuire reinvests 20-25% of their annual revenue into research and development. The company currently employs over 100 staff working in seven offices around the globe, with support centres operating in each major time zone. More than 450 sites benefit from acQuire GIM solutions.
To submit your application, please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Ben Hobbs on 9316 6600